Monday, March 2, 2015

Halifax, History & Horses. Oh, and my first baptism too!!!

Feb 17, 2014

So, there's a lot of history in this part of the country, 'cause, ya know, everything's old. In a good way. Fort Halifax, the oldest blockhouse in the United States, is a two minute drive from our apartment.




















And this is the actual fort. It's locked up so you can't go inside.































Working (playing with horses) at a horse farm (where we clean stalls).




Augusta, the capitol of Maine!




It's actually locked, but I GOT TO HOLD THE DOOR-HANDLE!





Now for some serious stuff.

This is Sherri. Sister Kotter and Sister Deters have been teaching her for a few months, and she decided that she wanted to be baptized on Valentine's Day. I was asked to baptize her. She is the first person I have ever baptized. I'm kind of still at a loss for words to describe how I felt. I got to help someone make a huge step in their eternal progression; the same quiet, loving spirit that our Father sends was very much present. Seeing Sherri share her testimony of the gospel right afterwards confirmed the feeling to me: I love serving the people here. This is where I need to be. This gospel is true, and the knowledge that blesses my life everyday can only come from God, who loves us and wants us each to have that joy.





With LOVE (happy Valentine's Day), 

Elder Jon Harrison Richins





No comments:

Post a Comment