Thursday, March 5, 2015

This Goal is Killing Me! This Goal is Sweet!

Mar 10, 2014

This week we taught Dennis and Damian, his 10-year-old son, the Plan of Salvation. Damian was able to put together a puzzle that we brought to quiz him. After that, the lesson went a bit downhill. He has severe ADHD, which obstructs most lessons in some degree. This time, the Plan of Salvation stuck to him. We will retest him to see how much he remembers, but I think he knows it pretty well. He's such a funny kid. He gets up every thirty seconds to run around or stand on his mom's rocking bench so he can jump onto the pull-up bar. But he is so smart and he's a good kid too.

This week I have paid Elder Thomas $2.95 total for not writing in my journal and not reading 10 pages a day in the scriptures. This goal is killing me. I have only completed both parts of the goal once. On the bright side, my reading has helped me so much. I'm learning a ton and lots of little pieces are sticking out to me. Now I can hardly wait to read! This goal is sweet!

Steak and Potatoes for breakfast


Love, 

Elder Jon Harrison Richins

No comments:

Post a Comment