Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Yay, Christmas!

Christmas! Yeah!
December 30, 2013


On Christmas Day, I got to Skype with my family! Seeing them filled my joy to overflowing. In the scriptures, people sometimes describe their fatigue following a spiritual experience. I now understand, at least partially, how that happens; talking with my family left me a bit out of breath. I had a good Christmas. Thank you all for your cards and support; it makes a difference in the life of a missionary.

Roy, who usually does not read the scriptures or pray, prayed twice this week! He will continue to pray this week. He said it didn't help him a lot, but he's willing to keep trying. How's that for dedication? Even before seeing the blessings, he's willing to work.

We read from the Book of Mormon with Peter. He previously asked where he should be reading, but we never got an answer to him. This time he opened the Book of Mormon to a random page and suggested it, which is one way of deciding what to read. I think if we helped him to start in the beginning by reading with him, bringing topics to discuss, and following up more often, he would keep the commitment to read. Sometimes you have to walk people through reading; in Peter's case, he's just not used to reading.

The work here keeps us busy, though there's not many people to teach at the moment. I feel like I'm doing my best, and the Lord is taking care of me and the people we teach. I can hardly express how great it is to be here, serving my God.

Love, Elder J. H. Richins

No comments:

Post a Comment