Wednesday, April 1, 2015

CPR and a Lobsterman

July 14, 2014

This week we taught Misty, an investigator, CPR (Church, Pray, Read the scriptures) in less than ten minutes. The Spirit helped so much in that lesson as we used the scriptures and taught from the heart. We also picked up a new investigator named Rhonda. She is the wife of a member who had his records removed. In our lesson she brought up concerns about what she heard we believe and then she resolved her own concerns and said, "Well, I guess the next thing I need to do is read the Book of Mormon to find out if it's true." When people say stuff like that, I get surprised. I love it when that happens because it shows that they understand what to do and also that they really want to know. I have high hopes for Rhonda, and I also hope we can get her husband and other family involved. We taught an investigator named Ellen the Word of Wisdom, but she's been coming to church long enough that she knows almost everything about it. I have only met her once, so I don't know what her concerns are about joining the Church, but I think she knows just about everything she needs to. I think she lives most of it, too.

Yesterday we met Joe, a lobsterman, while he was walking from the gas station with ingredients for his lobster rolls. This is a big "Talk with Everyone" moment for me, because he was a little far away and it was raining a little, so it would have been easy to not talk with him. But we did, and he was pretty interested. He accepted a Restoration pamphlet and a copy of the Book of Mormon. I'm just really glad we talked with him.

Love,


Elder Richins

No comments:

Post a Comment