Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ketchup but not Mustard

In my efforts to catch up on Jon's blog, I will be posting every day until the end of time. We are still getting e-mails from Jon almost every week so if something is in real time, I'll let y'all know. Happy reading! --Jon's mom

Leaving Lyndon

Jan 13, 2014

I got the call Saturday; I'm leaving Lyndon.

That's the biggest point of news this week. This transfer was a bit more difficult than others. Elder Robison and I got along when it came to dinner and jokes and just talking, but we have different styles of teaching and working. Conflict ensued. We spent hours discussing what we each felt we should be doing. Fortunately, we didn't let it get in the way of actually working. It was frustrating, though. Good things about Elder Robison: he greatly cares for the people we work with, he is honest about his thoughts and opinions, and he really wants to do the right thing.

Lyndon has been an interesting place. Whichever missionary replaces me will love it. The members of the Church here are good, kind people, and the people on the streets actually stop and talk with you occasionally, though now that it's cold there aren't many left.

Another chapter of my mission ends, and another begins.

Love, 
Elder Richins


These are the missionaries (all in cheap, plastic Christmas ties) I
have been working with for six weeks.

























How close I got to Canada this week. Whew! Close one.

And Elder Robison, who I will miss.













No comments:

Post a Comment