Monday, February 23, 2015

One-hundred-and-something Inches of Snow


Dear World,
Yes, I am still alive. Despite the hundred-and-something inches of snow, Maine has, for the most part, been shoveled out.
Things are going really well here! A few weeks ago we asked a lady if she knew anyone who needed help shoveling and she directed us to a lady named Cheri who very much appreciated the help! This week we had the opportunity to teach her in her home with our Ward Mission Leader, Brother Osborne. I didn't get to be there because we were on companion exchanges for the day (I was in Saco), but I heard it went very well. She has so many questions, and she almost came to church this Sunday. She's a wonderful lady.
We also got to teach Jack and Donna, Brother Osborne's friends he introduced us to a few weeks ago. We gave Jack a copy of the Book of Mormon then, and he's been reading! Donna said she started, but is waiting until he finishes it. So we gave her a copy too! She was so excited to have her own copy!
I'm coming to the last three months of my mission. I guess it's a point where I have to think about what I need to do after I get home (like get a job), and I have to have an ever-increasing dedication to serving the Lord. I need to re-evaluate what I want to learn and do in these last few months. I've still very excited to serve here in this wonderful place.
God Bless,
Elder Richins


Taking care of the goats

No comments:

Post a Comment