Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Why

Some might think it odd to leave home for two years and go to New Hampshire, a place I have never been, a place without a city as large as Frisco, Texas. Some might consider living out of three suitcases for this long to be impossible. Some might not understand why I am doing this. I am going to serve because I have been commanded to: “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). But I am going to be the happiest missionary in the world because I know that God will buoy me up as I rely on Him. And so, I want to share my mission and my happiness with you.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints asks its young men to serve two-year missions. During mine, I will preach the gospel in the New Hampshire Manchester Mission, which covers most of New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine, as well as small bits of New York and Massachusetts. I’ll communicate with friends and family through emails and letters, and I’ll avoid TV, rock music, and girls. I’ll be wearing a suit most of the time. As I dedicate myself more fully to the work, I will be of greater service to the Lord and to the people of these states.
I report tomorrow.  I already forgot all my slacks at home. 

June 5th.
4 the Lord.
3 suitcases.
2 years.
1 man on a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment